Fetch Rewards App Review
If you’ve tried some popular receipt scanning apps like Ibotta, Checkout 51 or Saving Star, then you might have heard of a newer one called the Fetch Rewards app.
Fetch Rewards is a receipt scanning app that turns your store receipts into rewards. According to its website, you use the Fetch Rewards app to scan grocery receipts from any grocery, convenience, or club store.
And actually, you can do way more than that. You can also scan receipts from drugstores, big box stores, dollar stores and liquor or package stores.
The app reads the items from your receipt and “Fetches” points for you. And the points vary based on the product or brand that you purchase. Keep collecting points to redeem for awesome rewards.
What kind of rewards? Well, all types of stuff –
Beauty products, electronics, clothing, music, housewares, restaurant gift cards and even Visa or MasterCard gift cards.
Want to check out Fetch Rewards? You can download the Fetch Rewards app from the App store for iOS devices, or from the Google Play store for an Android device.
This page includes affiliate links — which means I may receive some sort of compensation (at no cost to you) if you sign up or make a purchase through these links.
**FREE POINTS OFFER**
Enter Fetch Rewards Referral Code F0HEV to get 2,000 Bonus Points
Download the Fetch Rewards app to your phone, register your new account and enter Fetch Rewards Referral Code F0HEV during the signup process.
After you sign up and scan your first receipt, you will be awarded 2,000 free Bonus Points!
Fetch Rewards – Update for Android Users
Since initially publishing this post, I’ve received some feedback from folks saying the Fetch Rewards app doesn’t always work on Android devices.
From comments I’ve received from multiple users, there appears to be some glitch within Android’s older operating systems making them incompatible with the Fetch Rewards app.
When researching further, I found a few online articles that say it’s a constraint of the Android hardware/OS/inner-workings — nothing really to do with the Fetch Rewards app at all. I found these two articles that explain how Androids are built and customized, depending on manufacturer. And also how difficult it is for updates to be pushed through consistently.
Response from Fetch Rewards
So I decided to reach out to the company, to see if there was any course of action an Android user could take, or if they had any other comment to add to the discussion.
I asked if it truly was due to a technical constraint of the Android infrastructure, and if there was anything additional a user could do to receive Fetch Rewards’ most updated features.
Here is the response I received from the company:
Hi Robin, Thank you for reaching out to Fetch Rewards!
One of the many wonderful things about Android devices is that they are very individual, created uniquely, and by different manufacturers. This is fabulous and fun because people can personalize their devices in really cool ways!
However, as you know, technology progresses at an extremely fast rate these days. New capabilities for devices are released and here at Fetch, we try our hardest to be available for all the devices. But as technology progresses, so must Fetch Rewards.
The good thing, is that if a user has a device that is incompatible with Fetch, they can simply sign on one of their friend’s or family member’s devices, and redeem their points. It’s really as easy as that. And their account will still be around for them to sign into when they do obtain a newer model device.
Just to break down the above, I’d like to point out a couple of things:
- If the Fetch Rewards app no longer works on your Android phone, there doesn’t appear to be a workaround to fix this (at the moment).
- If you currently have reward points sitting on the app, you’ll want to find a way to redeem those points before you reach that 90-day mark — when points are forfeited for non-use of the app.
- Per the company’s suggestion, the way to do this would be to log onto a friend or family member’s phone, download the app, and then redeem your points.
- I would even go so far as to suggest you redeem all points as often as possible, no matter what type of phone or operating system you have. There’s nothing worse than putting a ton of time and effort into accumulating thousands of points, and then realizing you can’t get into the app in order to redeem them. Just a thought.
So that’s my update — And I’d like to give a shoutout to Bethany and Lindsay at Fetch Rewards for responding to my questions so quickly. I wasn’t sure if I’d receive a response at all, since I had reached out to their general support area. But the fact that a response came in so expediently goes to show they are doing their best to look out for their customers.
But please be aware — if you have an older version of Android phone (even as recent as one year old), and do not receive the updates to the operating system, it may not work appropriately with this app.
However, it does appear the company is aware of the issue and they are working to bring all software components up to speed.
What Makes Fetch Rewards app Different
- You don’t need to activate deals beforehand
- You don’t need to scan any bar codes
- There are NO surveys to take
- There are NO video ads to watch
- Plan your shopping trips based on items that will earn the most points
- Items can be added directly to your Shopping List
- Search for Recipes and add ingredients to your Shopping List
- Earn Base Points for items on your receipt, based on the item price
- Earn Bonus Points for buying promoted items
Stores where you can Earn Money from Fetch Rewards
- Shop Rite
- Dollar General
- Family Dollar
- Food Lion
- Dollar Tree
- Stop & Shop
- Whole Foods
- Harris Teeter
- Big Lots
- K Mart
- Price Chopper
- Rite Aid
- Sam’s Club
- ….and MANY, MANY more!
Seriously, the above list is just to show the wide range of stores where you can use the Fetch Rewards app.
It’s not just your regular grocery store, but also club stores, convenience stores, dollar stores and pharmacies.
Any place where you might do some shopping — buying EVERY DAY items — you can submit your receipts and earn extra cash back rewards.
What’s on the App
Special Offer Bonuses – To receive extra points when certain items are purchased and scanned.
Special Offer points are awarded for completing the listed offers within the app. For percentage back offers, points are awarded based off the price paid on the item.
Receive entries for a chance to win products. For example, scan any receipt for a chance to win a year supply of coffee. Or buy a particular brand to receive 5 sweepstakes entries.
Brands – Search for products that will earn you the most points by brand and category. Filter by categories like Baking, Beauty, Dairy, Frozen, Snacks, etc. Also save your brand Favorites and receive Suggestions.
Receipt Scan Bonus Points – Earned for doing an great job scanning consistently, and “just for being awesome”.
Plan Your Shopping Trip
Recipe Inspiration – Hundreds of unique recipe ideas to help you plan your next shopping trip. From Appetizers to Desserts, plus Beverages, Soups, Sides and Salads — and even Kid-Friendly dishes.
√ Neat trick – If you find a recipe you’d like to try, you can click the little + icon on the right side of the screen. This will add all ingredients to your Smart List!
Smart List – to add items to your grocery shopping list. Easily enter any item and quantity, either from suggestions on the app or by using your keyboard. Sort items, update description or quantity, and mark as Complete to cross it off your list.
Related Post: Legit Survey Sites that Actually Pay You Money
How to scan receipts
- First, plan your shopping trip. The Fetch Rewards app can help you by showing which items will earn the most points. Click the + sign to add that item to your shopping list
- Check out the Special Offers, or search for items you need by Brand
- Go to the store, and get to shopping!
- Once you’ve made your in-store purchase, grab your receipt and get ready to scan
- In order to receive Fetch Rewards credit, make sure your receipt contains the following information: Store name or logo, date, time and total purchase amount
- Click the Scan button, and then Scan Receipt. This will engage your phone’s camera. Line up your receipt edges within the camera guides. Also be sure to activate the flash if you’re in a dark area.
- Once you take the photo, you can choose to Retake if the image is blurry, or click Finish.
- Or, if you have a longer receipt, you can click the + sign to add another section to the scan.
- When you’re satisfied with the image(s), click Finish
- The app will tell you the image is loading, and if any errors are identified
- And when the receipt has been validated, you’ll receive points to your Fetch Rewards account
- Receipt inaccurate or Items missing message – This could happen if the scanner cannot read all required information off of your receipt. One of the following items may be missing: store name, purchase date or time, product name/price, or total sale. Before submission, the app allows you to add any information it missed during the scan. You have up to 14 days to correct a receipt.
- If your receipt image is blurry, you can re-scan and view for clarity before submission.
- If you receive any other errors that are not addressed on the Fetch Rewards app or website, you can email their online team at email@example.com
Things to Know
- The Fetch Rewards app can be combined with other couponing apps, like Ibotta and Saving Star.
This means your savings can essentially be stacked. Which means you’ll be able to make money from all of these apps at the same time.
- You can also use regular in-store coupons for purchases.
- Eligible stores are located in the U.S. only. Fetch Rewards is currently unable to process receipts from outside of the country.
- You can use your Fetch Rewards points to earn gift cards (cannot be redeemed for cash). However, you can redeem rewards points for Visa or MasterCard gift cards, which essentially can be used as cash.
- If you are inactive on the app for 90 days, any existing points will expire. But don’t worry — the Fetch Rewards app will send you a notification beforehand. So if you’ve been really busy and haven’t been scanning, you’ll receive a gentle reminder.
Updated Features for 2019 (currently iPhones only)
This year, the Fetch Rewards app has been updated for iPhones to also accept e-receipts. This means you can connect both your Amazon.com account and your email account. (Development for Android users is currently in progress.)
While this feature is still considered to be in the beta testing phase, I’ve already seen a noticeable difference in my accumulation of rewards points.
Connecting your Amazon.com account means your Amazon purchases can now be counted towards points
Connecting your email account means any other online purchases you make can be applied to your Fetch Rewards account
This update allows you to accumulate points quicker and easier than before!
(Also note this feature is currently only available on iPhones.)
From the Scan section, instead of selecting the orange camera icon (for hard copy receipt scanning), you’d select the blue e-receipt button.
Once you click the blue button, the Fetch Rewards app will automatically retrieve the e-receipts from your Amazon account and email account.
Note: While implementation of this feature for Android phones is currently in development, at this time, the e-receipt feature is only available on iPhones.
Another update recently made is the addition of SingleCare.
SingleCare is a discount prescription plan that can save you up to 80% on your prescriptions.
In addition, the first time you use SingleCare, you’ll receive a bonus 5,000 Fetch Rewards points. And every use after that will reward you another 1,000 points.
Full disclosure — I have not used this feature yet. But I figured it was worth mentioning, since it’s an update to the Fetch Rewards app. Once I do use this feature, I will be sure to update this post appropriately with my feedback.
Start accumulating reward points by scanning all of your store receipts. Then redeem those points for awesome gifts and prizes.
You can search for rewards either by category or point value. See what you’re able to trade them in for, or see how many more points you need to work up to.
Popular reward categories: Art, Beauty, Electronics, Entertainment, Fashion, Gifts, Home Goods, MasterCard/Visa gift cards, Media, Office Supplies, Pets, Restaurant, Retail, Spa, Specialty stores and Travel. Or you can also donate your reward points to one of over 250 charities.
Robin is a full-time business professional who has worked in the financial services industry for over 20 years. She is also a personal finance blogger who shares her first hand experience with the struggles of money and debt. On Mastering the Side Jam, she focuses on ways to maximize efficiencies to make & save money, pay off debt, and live your best life.
She has been been featured on The Money Mix, Rockstar Finance, The Financial Diet and Women’s Money Talk, and has been quoted in various online publications.