Shopping for the Holidays
It’s the holiday season.
Are you done shopping for gifts? Have you even STARTED shopping yet??
Will you be shopping for gifts at all??
*Dun dun dunnnnn …….*
(dramatic sound effect)
Would I be a total Scrooge if I suggested you not buy any gifts at all this year?
Lately I’ve been contemplating the things I LOVE about Christmas, aaand the things I
hate don’t like quite as much about Christmas.
Things to love:
- Memories from when I was a kid
- The season’s first snowflakes making landfall
- My two dogs playing in the snow
- Christmas carols
- The smell of a real Christmas tree
- Driving through the neighborhood looking at all the festive holiday lights
Things I could do without:
- Pushy, inconsiderate people at the mall
- Long lines at the grocery store
- Crowded parking lots
- Coworkers pushing deadlines onto you at the last minute so they can leave for Christmas vacation
- Traffic jams
- People who don’t sneeze into their sleeves
- Post-Christmas credit card hangover
Now some of the things above cannot be avoided.
You can’t exactly tell your coworker to take their work assignment and shove it up their *ahem* chimney.